We’re back on the self-publishing beat today…
In today’s episode, you’re going to learn about two fantastic services you should consider if you’re self-publishing a book.
Even if you’re not writing a book, if you’re an avid reader you’ll love these websites too. They’re how you can find some of the world’s best “hidden” authors in the world — and even read their books for FREE.
One will allow you to connect with more readers than you ever thought possible — and create lasting relationships with those who love you work.
Another will allow you to get your book idea funded… even if you only have the first chapter written.
Before I show you the first service, let’s recap last Monday’s issue…
Last Monday, we gave you our foolproof process for becoming a successful self-published author.
It’s the same process we used for our Ebola pandemic guide, which has reached over 13,000 people in only a little over a week.
If you follow it step-by-step, yes, you’ll sweat a little.
But if you follow through with these steps, your book is going to be a cut above the rest.
As we said last week, very few authors are taking their book to this level. If you do it, you’ll be a step ahead of the herd on Amazon.
Last week, we also talked about how important it is to give away a good chunk of your work for free…
The more content you’re giving away for free, the more aware people are going to be of you and your work.
In order to sell lots of books, you must get as many eyeballs as possible. It’s a pure numbers game.
This is just one thing giving your work away for free can do.
Here are seven reasons from author Bryan Hutchinson on why you should give much of your content away for free…
- “Generate word of mouth and become a known author.
- “Generate reviews faster than waiting for people to hopefully buy it, which, of course, can take a long time if you are an unknown.
- “Most people love to reciprocate generosity, it’s built into our DNA!
- “How many people download the free copy helps you estimate what your real market reach is.
- “Attract readers to your website and to any other books you may have published or will publish.
- “Exposure, exposure, exposure….
- “Finally, if your book is good and resonates with the people who downloaded it, this will help generate sales after the promotion. Sales you would not have had otherwise.”
What to give away? And where?
You can give away the first chapter… a small section… or even the whole book for a limited time.
As for where to give away your book, you should consider using one website called Story Cartel.
Founded by Jeff Goins and Joe Bunting, Story Cartel is, says the website, “about using the power of social media and generosity to help your book spread to the hands of readers who love great >> READ MORE <<